Do you know all the points of contact that can influence your show rate?
When setting an appointment for a new lead to come into your office, have you controlled all of the variables? Do you even know what they are?
For example, when a prospect calls do you know how they are greeted? Take a look at these questions. Do you know the protocol for these? Is there a protocol?
Getting prospects to visit your office can be tough. As you well know, this is not an easy task. It is a decision influenced by many factors:
Do you know the answers to these?
• Is the receptionist happy and welcoming?
• What is said when answering the phone?
• What is said when making outbound calls?
• What will you offer if they do come in?
• What does your website say about the initial consultation?
• How prepared is the prospect to take the next step?
• What do they hope to gain by making an appointment?
It is your responsibility to establish a system to manage the factors that influence the conversion process and to do everything to ensure an appointment is made…and kept.
Once an appointment is made, what do you do to ensure it is kept? Do you call to remind them? Send email reminders? Give them homework to complete before the appointment? Send a special package to their home?
At each step along the way, your duty to convert the prospect is once again renewed.