Our clients usually agree that writing a book creates celebrity, opens doors and gives you a great lead-generating tool as well. The problem is, they also believe this is a far greater and more complicated process than it really is.
Here is a simple twelve-step guideline that can help you get on the right path toward writing your book.
- Create title – Go to Amazon.com and review other titles.
- Write different titles on index cards, put them on your office wall, add another with each new idea and ask yourself this question: “if this title were to stand alone in a classified ad, would it interest me enough to buy the book?”
- Purchase tracking number for the book.
- Obtain testimonials.
- Create cover – Use 99designs.com or www.elance.com.
- Write call to action. (Your editor doesn’t know what you mean here. You might clarify further.)
- Identify the marketing funnels where book will be used.
- Be sure to place your phone number and website on cover – Be sure it’s a tracking line.
- Add a preface and include origin story and your ‘why’.
- Be sure to have book formatted.
- Create the book on www.createspace.com
- Print your creation!
Still reluctant about writing your book?
Schedule a free Personalized Practice Growth Plan with us to discuss your firm, and how to get your book completed.